After moving to the United States in the late 1990’s, Shlomi apprenticed under Dennis Burns, of DB Designs. In 1998, he founded the Kaya Design Corporation in the Fell’s Point neighborhood of Baltimore, Maryland.
Inspired by the sensuality of Art Nouveau and Art Deco, the simplicity of the Arts and Crafts Movement and the timelessness of hand crafted furnishings; Shlomi has developed a unique signature style that could be described as modern with an emphasis on the traditional methods of craftsmanship.
Deeply influenced by his Moroccan and Israeli roots, each piece is hand crafted, custom designed and hand finished. The unifying theme through Shlomi’s work is superb craftsmanship and exquisite quality. A true perfectionist, Shlomi leads clients from design to installation, providing a flexibility and attention to detail difficult to find in larger shops.
Shlomi brings his sense of artistry and design expertise to each project and the final result is legacy creations that will truly be enjoyed for lifetimes.
Notable past projects include:
- The Elizabeth Jacob Day Spa in Parkton, Maryland
- The Center for Orthopedic Surgery at Bay View Hospital
- Kali’s Courtyard in Historic Fell’s Point
- The Village Square Cafe at Cross Keys
- The Green Olive in Historic Federal Hill
- Kali’s Court in Fell’s Point
- Mount Vernon Stable and Saloon
- Pitango Gelato in Washington, DC, Reston, VA, and Fell’s Point
- Harborview Hospital Orthopedic Center
- Miss Irene’s in Fell’s Point